2009 – 2018
- The Embraer Phenom 300 is a Light jet manufactured by Embraer between 2009 and 2018.
- The Embraer Phenom 300 is powered by two Pratt & Whitney Canada PW535E1 engines, resulting in an hourly fuel burn of 158 Gallons per Hour.
- Capable of cruising at up to 453 knots, the Embraer Phenom 300 can fly non-stop for up to 1971 nautical miles.
- The aircraft can carry up to 10 passengers.
- The Embraer Phenom 300 has an estimated hourly charter price of $3500, with a new list price of $8.99 million at the time of manufacture.
Overview & History
Embraer began designing the Phenom 300, a light jet aircraft, after finding that potential customers of the Phenom 100 would also like a bigger aircraft.
Designers took the basic fuselage cross-section of the 100 and added an extra 14 inches in length, an all-new wing, and powerful and quiet Pratt & Whitney Canada turbofan engines.
As of May 2016, 15% of the Embraer Phenom 300 aircraft were purchased pre-owned by their current owners, the other 85% new. 5.6% are currently for sale with the majority of those (72%) under an exclusive broker agreement.
When for sale, the average number of days on the market is 255.
The Embraer Phenom 300 first flew in 2008 and received FAA Type Certification in December 2009 as the Embraer EMB-505. A total of 342 Phenom 300 aircraft have been produced with 324 of them in operation. Two Phenom 300 business jets have been retired.
Embraer Phenom 300 Performance
The Embraer Phenom 300 is also a quite powerful aircraft for its category.
With twin Pratt & Whitney Canada PW535E turbofans, the model has no shortage of thrusting power.
With 3,200 pounds of thrust generated from each engine moderated by Full Authority Digital Electric Control (FADEC) systems, the aircraft handles its power efficiently.
These turbofan engines allow the Phenom 300 to fly up to 1,951 nautical miles and takeoff in 3,140 feet of runway space at sea level.
Combined with is maximum cruising speed of 453 knots, the model has very impressive performance characteristics.
Embraer Phenom 300 Interior
Though it may not be as large as most other aircraft, the Phenom 300 has respectable cabin dimensions for a light jet.
With a cabin length of 17’2″, cabin width of 5’1″, and a cabin height of 4’11”, there is plenty of room for luxurious seating and other amenities.
It features a private lavatory, climate control systems, LED cabin lighting, and boasts an abundance of baggage space at 76 cubic feet.
BMW enthusiasts will feel at home when they enter the Phenom 300’s stylish interior as the cabin itself was designed by BMW Designworks USA.
Simple yet elegant, the model features an “Oval Lite” cabin which was designed to offer a spacious atmosphere with ample head-and-shoulder room.
Within the cabin, eleven windows ensure that there is plenty of natural lighting during daytime flights.
Interior customizations are also possible with a two-place divan option as well as accommodating club seating.
Altogether, travelers looking for a modern, luxurious, and comfortable interior at light jet pricing are sure to be pleased with the Phenom 300.
Equally impressive is the Phenom 300’s all-glass Prodigy flight deck, which is based on Garmin’s G1000 avionics suite.
This state-of-the-art navigation system seamlessly provides the pilot with important navigational displays, system monitoring, and autopilot capabilities.
These systems work together to provide the pilot with as much information as possible while also increasing situational awareness and visibility in less than ideal flight conditions.
Embraer Phenom 300 Charter Cost
The cost to charter this jet starts at around $3,500 an hour. Hourly charter rates do not include all taxes, fuel, and other fees.
Charter costs will vary based on year of make/model, schedule, routing, passenger & baggage totals, and other factors.
The acquisition cost for this jet typically ranges from $9 million.
The price of a jet depends on the production year; it can also go above the given range if the production is new.
It will cost buyers around $ 800k per year which includes fuel, crew members, and maintenance, etc. The price of a pre-owned example can be within $5-6 million. There are numerous sellers available on various sites.
|Range: 1,971 nm||Number of Passengers: 10||Baggage Capacity: 85 Cubic Feet|
|Cruise Speed: 453 knots||Cabin Pressure: 9.4 PSI||Max Take-Off Weight: 17,968 lbs|
|Ceiling: 45,000 feet||Cabin Altitude: 6,600 feet||Max Landing Weight: 16,865 lbs|
|Take-Off Distance: 3,138 feet||Production Start: 2009|
|Landing Distance: 2,621 feet||Production End: 2018|
|Exterior Length: 52.2 feet||Engine Manufacturer: Pratt & Whitney Canada|
|Exterior Height: 16 feet||Engine Model: PW535E1|
|Wingspan: 53 feet||Fuel Burn: 158 Gallons per Hour|
|Interior Length: 17.2 feet|
|Interior Width: 5 feet|
|Interior Height: 16 feet|
|Interior/Exterior Ratio: 33%|